Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Last Day At Home

Today is my last day to be at home with my family and friends. This past Sunday (July 13, 2014), my parents hosted a going away party for me. It was tons of fun, but reality started to sink in, not that that's a bad thing. There are a lot of feelings that come with the unknown. This semester, I am the only student from CMU going to Chile. I have tried to communicate with my host family and other students that are going, but it hasn't worked out quite as planned, but that happens, so it's not a big deal. I finally got all of my things packed and ready to go. If I forgot anything, I will just have to get it there. I am very excited to get on the plane tomorrow evening and meet the other students when I land in Santiago on Thursday morning.


 On this trip, I will be leaving behind a lot of things that I love. Among them, my fiancĂ©e (top left), my dog (top right), my niece and nephew (bottom left), and my parents (bottom right). On the up side, there is always ways to communicate via the wonderful world wide web! Until I see them, and the rest of my family and friends, again, I would like to say that I love them all so much and I will miss them tons! It tugs at the heart strings to say goodbye, but this is a once in a life time opportunity and I am very happy to be doing it, as should anyone who gets the chance. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment